NEW YORK, NY. – (Nov. 3, 2017) – Chris Stapleton’s “Scarecrow In The Garden” is available today. Written by Stapleton, Brice Long and Matt Fleener, the song is the second new material unveiled from Stapleton’s anticipated new album, From A Room: Volume 2, which will be released Dec. 1 on Mercury Records Nashville and is now available to pre-order digitally and with exclusive limited-edition bundles.
The forthcoming album takes its name from Nashville’s historic RCA Studio A (the capital “A” in “From A Room”) where it was recorded over the last year with Grammy Award-winning producer Dave Cobb. Along with Stapleton on vocals and guitar and Cobb on acoustic guitar, the album features Morgane Stapleton on harmony vocals as well as longtime band-members J.T. Cure on bass and Derek Mixon on drums. In addition to “Millionaire,” the album features seven songs co-written by Stapleton as well as the Homer Banks/Lester Snell-penned song made famous by Pops Staples, “Friendship” See below for complete track list.
Volume 2 follows the release of From A Room: Volume 1, which debuted earlier this year at #1 on the Billboard Country Albums chart, #2 on the Billboard Top 200 chart and, with its RIAA Gold certification, remains the #1 best-selling country album of 2017. Stapleton’s 2015 double-platinum solo debut, Traveller, is currently the #2 best-selling country album of the year.
The critically acclaimed album, which Rolling Stone awarded four stars declaring, “From A Room is strikingly focused, sonically and thematically,” was recently nominated for Album of the Year at the 51st annual CMA Awards. Stapleton is also nominated for Entertainer of the Year and Male Vocalist of the Year and will perform on the live awards telecast—airing Wednesday, Nov. 8 at 8/7c on ABC.
Stapleton will soon wrap-up his extensive and widely praised “All-American Road Show” tour, which includes upcoming shows in Columbus, Grand Rapids, Tampa, Jacksonville, Little Rock, Oklahoma City and Omaha. Special guests Marty Stuart and Brent Cobb will join for the final leg of the tour. See below for details. Live Nation is the national tour promoter for “Chris Stapleton’s All-American Road Show.” Many of the shows on “Chris Stapleton’s All-American Road Show” have already sold out, with limited tickets remaining for others. Check ChrisStapleton.com/tour for tickets and more information.
In addition to the “All-American Road Show” dates, Stapleton will perform as part of the “All In For The Gambler: Kenny Rogers Farewell Concert” on Oct. 25 and will join fellow country performers for the “COUNTRY RISING” benefit concert on Nov. 12. Stapleton will also make his debut on PBS’ legendary “Austin City Limits” program later this month. The taping will be streamed live via ACL’s YouTube channel on Monday, Oct. 23 at 8 p.m. CT/9 p.m. ET with the broadcast version airing on PBS early next year as part of Season 43.
FROM A ROOM: VOLUME 2 TRACK LIST:
- Millionaire (Kevin Welch)
- Hard Livin’ (Chris Stapleton, Kendell Marvel)
- Scarecrow In The Garden (Chris Stapleton, Brice Long, Matt Fleener)
- Nobody’s Lonely Tonight (Chris Stapleton, Mike Henderson)
- Tryin’ To Untangle My Mind (Chris Stapleton, Jaron Boyer, Kendell Marvel)
- A Simple Song (Chris Stapleton, Darrell Hayes)
- Midnight Train To Memphis (Chris Stapleton, Mike Henderson)
- Drunkard’s Prayer (Chris Stapleton, Jameson Clark)
- Friendship (Homer Banks, Lester Snell)
“CHRIS STAPLETON’S ALL-AMERICAN ROAD SHOW”
- Nov. 10—Tampa, FL—MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Amphitheatre*
- Nov. 11—Jacksonville, FL—Jacksonville Veterans Memorial Arena*
- Nov. 12—Nashville, TN—COUNTRY RISING
- Nov. 16—Little Rock, AR—Verizon Arena*
- Nov. 17—Oklahoma City, OK—Chesapeake Energy Arena*
- Nov. 18—Omaha, NE—CenturyLink Center Omaha*
- Mar. 24—Laughlin, NV—Laughlin Event Center
- Mar. 25—Tempe, AZ—Innings Festival
- May 27—New Orleans, LA—Bayou Country Superfest
*with special guests Marty Stuart and Brent Cobb
Previous coverage: Chris Stapleton’s “From A Room: Volume 2” out Dec. 1