Story by Matt Wickstrom
Photos by Mary Clark
LEXINGTON, Ky. — This week on Wick’s Picks on Lexington Community Radio host Matt Wickstrom was joined by singer-songwriters Geno Seale and Rhyan Sinclair.
Irvine, Ky., native Geno Seale joined Wickstrom for the first hour of the show, chatting and performing songs off of his 2017 album Times Dark as These. Topics discussed include Seale’s musical upbringing, influences, music advocacy, Kickin it on the Creek, upcoming studio work on a Porch Front Gospel album and much more.
Following a halftime break that featured “Stovall’s Grove” by The Bottle Rockets and “The Shore” by The Rooster’s Crow/Derek Spencer — two artists you can see in action this Wednesday — Eighteen-year-old Rhyan Sinclair joined the program. Sinclair and mother Toni Karpinski performed and previewed a handful of tracks on Sinclair’s solo debut Barnstormer from earlier this spring along with cuts from her November-released Christmas EP Marshmallow World. In addition to music, the trio discussed new year’s resolutions, upcoming projects and more.
Listen to a full archive of the show below.
Join Matt Wickstrom every Monday from 9-11 a.m. for Wick’s Picks on Lexington Community Radio. The next show on Dec. 17 — the last of the year — will feature guest host Alexis Faye and singer-songwriters Rachel Crowe and Senora May. Tune in on the dial at 93.9 FM or online at lexingtoncommunityradio.org.
- Jason Isbell, The War and Treaty and Lost Dog Street Band top the 26th Master Musicians Festival lineup
- LIVE MENU: Dec. 9-15 (Isbell comes to EKU edition)
- WICK’S PICKS: Ep. 46 – 12/3/18 (w/ Coby Langham, The Helmuths and The Quinns)
- Lexington 17-year-old shows ‘maturity well beyond her years’ on solo debut
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 25 – 6/20/18 (w/ Rhyan Sinclair)
- Ghost tour inspires album for ‘Rhyan Sinclair & All The Little Pieces’