By Matt Wickstrom
OWENSBORO, Ky. — Bluegrass and roots music legends Ricky Skaggs, Patty Loveless, Del McCoury and Steve Earle lead the way on the initial lineup reveal for the 16th annual ROMP Fest, to be held at Yellow Creek Park in Owensboro, Ky., from June 26-29, 2019.
Cordell, Ky., native and Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame member Ricky Skaggs will be joined by Kentucky Thunder and special guest Patty Loveless for a one-of-a-kind performance. Fellow Hall of Famer Del McCoury also returns to ROMP with his band along with Steve Earle & The Dukes. Rounding out the first wave of lineup announcements is Minnesota-based roots revivalists Trampled by Turtles, The Wood Brothers, Rhonda Vincent & The Rage, Billy Strings, the Jeff Austin Band, Grateful Ball featuring Jeff Austin and the Travelin’ McCourys, and Joe Mullins & The Radio Ramblers.
ROMP set attendance records in 2018, when 30,000 people converged on Owensboro to see Allison Krauss, Sam Bush, Rhiannon Giddens and others. The festival looks to build on that momentum in 2019 as it’s non-profit producer, the Bluegrass Music Hall of Fame & Museum, recently re-opened along Owensboro’s downtown riverfront, offering expanded exhibits, attractions and event space for music lovers in the region.
Presale tickets are available now. For more information visit rompfest.com.
- Tourism: Authenticity strikes a chord with travelers
- Billy Strings, Leftover Salmon and Love Canon bring the heat to 15th ROMP Fest
- Jeff Austin Band, Love Canon lead ROMP late night performances
- ROMP Fest unveils daily lineups
- ROMP rounds out lineup with Pert Near Sandstone, The Po’ Ramblin’ Boys and others
- Travelin’ McCourys, Leftover Salmon, Jeff Austin Band and Parker Millsap lead final ROMP additions
- Alison Krauss, Sam Bush and Ricky Skaggs top first round of ROMP 2018 artist reveals
- ROMP Fest Review: June 22-25, 2016
- Bluegrass fans to attend ROMP Festival
- Billy Strings brings new life to traditional bluegrass on debut EP
- Trampled by Turtles takes KY by storm Derby Weekend