By Matt Wickstrom
MINDEN, W.V. — Two of Lexington’s premiere bands – Magnolia Boulevard and Joslyn & The Sweet Compression – have been added to the lineup for the 6th annual Mountain Music Fest, to be held from May 30 to June 2, 2019, at ACE Adventure Resort in Minden, West Virginia.
Both Magnolia Boulevard and Joslyn & The Sweet Compression are coming off of wildly successful 2018 campaigns, both releasing their debut album/EP while filling up music clubs across the region. Additionally, Magnolia Boulevard guitarists Gregg Erwin and Maggie Noelle have also received an endorsements from PRS Guitars along with the band winning the On-the-Rise competition at FloydFest over the summer, with fellow Mountain Music Fest performers Travers Brothership placing in second.
Joining the two acts on the festival’s final lineup reveal are 2018 headliner Big Something, Dayton, Ohio, jam band The Werks; Maggie, Matt Mullins & The Bringdowns and Groundhog Gravy. The acts join the previously announced People’s Blues of Richmond, Fletcher’s Grove, Travers Brothership, The M.F.B., The Kind Thieves and Black Garlic.
In addition to music, the festival and ACE Adventure Resort also offer many opportunities to become one with the Wild and Wonderful West Virginia wilderness with whitewater rafting, zip lining, mountain biking, rock climbing, a kid’s camp, stand-up paddleboarding, a paintball arena, mud racing, adventure lake and disc golf.
For more information on the festival and to purchase tickets, visit mountainmusicfestwv.com.
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 34 – 8/27/18 (w/ DeBraun Thomas, Joslyn & The Sweet Compression, Petefest)
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 32 – 8/13/18 (w/ John R. Miller, Magnolia Boulevard, Katie Didit, Vivian Leigh)
- Premiere: Magnolia Boulevard mesh funky jams with hardship on ‘Ride’
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 21 – 5/23/18 (w/ Magnolia Boulevard)
- ‘Something felt special from the first note’ — Lexington band’s first year ends in debut record
- Wick’s Picks: Joslyn & The Sweet Compression at Red Barn Radio
- Premiere: Joslyn & The Sweet Compression flash funk and soul on “Honey, Be”
- Wick’s Picks: Magnolia Boulevard LIVE in studio (1/31/18)
- A chance encounter and leap of faith led to Magnolia Boulevard
- Quit or Die: The real People’s Blues