By Matt Wickstrom
LA CYGNE, Ks. — Eastern Kentucky will be well represented at Tumbleweed country music festival next year, with Senora May and Laid Back Country Picker joining Chelsea Nolan and a slew of other artists for the gathering to be held from May 30 to June 1, 2019.
Irvine’s Senora May and Louisa’s Laid Back Country Picker were announced among the final round of artist additions to the festival that also included Reckless Kelly, Ben Haggard, The Steel Woods, Randall King, Jaime Wyatt, Bryan James, Jackson Taylor & The Sinners, Town Mountain, The Comancheros, Tommy Ash, Noel Haggard and Ritch Henderson.
The aforementioned artists join the previously announced Nolan, country music legends Alabama and Marshall Tucker Band; southern rock veterans Blackberry Smoke, Whiskey Myers, Sarah Shook & The Disarmers, Chad Vaughn and Chris Stewart.
Located right off 69 Highway, perched in the beautiful rolling hills of southern Miami County and among a 4,600-acre wildlife preserve — including the 2,600 acre La Cygne reservoir — Tumbleweed’s festival grounds are among the most spectacular venues in the United States.
Beyond the music, Tumbleweed offers archery, canoe trips, zip lining, a rock wall, fishing, horse-drawn carriage rides, a petting zoo, lakeside bonfires, a live handmade guitar build and country craft and food vendors.
For more information on Tumbleweed and to purchase tickets, visit tumbleweedcountry.com.
- WICK’S PICKS: Ep. 48 – 12/17/18 (w/ Rachel Crowe and Senora May)
- LIVE MENU: Dec. 16-22 (Wells’ Wine and Dine edition)
- Alabama, Blackberry Smoke and Chelsea Nolan lead first wave of Tumbleweed lineup
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 39 – 10/8/18 (w/ Chelsea Nolan, Dan Conn and Jen Tackett)
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 29 – RYVOLI, Supermoon, Laid Back Country Picker
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 15 – 4/18/18 (w/ Chelsea Nolan)