By Matt Wickstrom
FLOYD, Va. — The Kentucky connections continue to grow at FloydFest in 2019, which announced on Thursday the addition of rootsy foursome The Wooks along with Colorado jamgrassers Leftover Salmon and funkateers The Motet, among others. FloydFest 19~Voyage Home will be held from July 24-28 along the Blue Ridge Mountains in Floyd, Va.
Other artists new to the lineup are the Kyle Hollingsworth Band, DJ Williams’ Shots Fired, New Orleans Suspects and The Saturators. The newly-minted artists join Kentuckians Tyler Childers and 2018 FloydFest On-the-Rise Competition winner Magnolia Boulevard; Phil Lesh & the Terrapin Family Band, The String Cheese Incident, Brandi Carlile, Margo Price, Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real, Hot Tuna (electric and acoustic), The War and Treaty, Fantastic Negrito, Keller Williams’ Grateful Grass featuring Love Canon; Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe, Acoustic Syndicate, Songs From The Road Band, Kaleta & Super Yamba Band, Trout Steak Revival, Jon Stickley Trio, Nora Jane Struthers, Front Country, Pert Near Sandstone, Old Salt Union, The Yawpers, Becca Mancari, The Broadcast and Erin & The Wildfire, Bella’s Bartok, Circus No. 9, Honeysuckle and 2018 FloydFest On-the-Rise Competition runner-up Travers Brothership.
Look out for more FloydFest lineup reveals as calendars turn to 2019. For more information visit floydfest.com.
- FloydFest adds Lukas Nelson, Hot Tuna and The War and Treaty
- Phil Lesh, String Cheese Incident and Tyler Childers top FloydFest 19’s initial lineup
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 40 – 10/15/18 (w/ The Wooks and ivyrye)
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 23 – 6/6/18 (Festival of the Bluegrass Edition)
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 10 – 3/7/18 (w/Arthur Hancock and CJ Cain of The Wooks)
- Listen to The Wooks new cut “Me and the Stars” feat. Michael Cleveland
- The Wooks to celebrate New Year’s Eve at home, welcome new band member
- Lexington’s Wook-A-Ween celebrates the season and raises money in support of the CAN’d Aid Foundation
- Wookin’ Ahead
- The Wooks make final four at Telluride Bluegrass Fest
- The Wooks clean up at Lexington Music Awards
- Listen: The Wooks “Little Circles”
- Wooks make waves with debut ‘Little Circles’
- Floydfest 16 gathers unique acts, handles unexpected curveball
- The Wooks bring plethora of covers to Green Lantern debut
Banjo-picking Wooks hit Green Lantern on Thursday