By Matt Wickstrom
OAK HILL, W.V. — Tyler Childers is coming back to West Virginia, and he’s bringing his friends with him. The soaring country music star will perform at the sixth annual Mountain Music Festival from May 30 to June 2 at ACE Adventure Resort in Oak Hill along with The Wooks, Arlo McKinley & The Lonesome Sound, Justin Wells, Short & Company and Holy Roller.
The lineup additions illustrate the festival’s commitment to returning to it’s Americana roots after delving deeply into the jam band scene in recent years. However, the festival was sure not to neglect the jam world, with The Werks and 2018 headliner Big Something slated to perform again alongside other previously announced artists Magnolia Boulevard, Joslyn & The Sweet Compression; Maggie, Matt Mullins & The Bringdowns; Groundhog Gravy, People’s Blues of Richmond, Fletcher’s Grove, Travers Brothership, The M.F.B., The Kind Thieves and Black Garlic.
In addition to music, the festival and ACE Adventure Resort also offer many opportunities to become one with the Wild and Wonderful West Virginia wilderness with whitewater rafting, zip lining, mountain biking, rock climbing, a kid’s camp, stand-up paddleboarding, a paintball arena, mud racing, adventure lake and disc golf.
For more information on the festival and to purchase tickets, visit mountainmusicfestwv.com.
- Magnolia Boulevard and Joslyn & The Sweet Compression to share the stage at Mountain Music Fest
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 40 – 10/15/18 (w/ The Wooks and ivyrye)
- PHOTOS: Arlo McKinley & The Lonesome Sound at Red Barn Radio
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 23 – 6/6/18 (Festival of the Bluegrass Edition)
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 17 – 5/2/18 (w/ Justin Wells)
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 13 – 3/28/18 (w/ Jeremy Short)
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 10 – 3/7/18 (w/Arthur Hancock and CJ Cain of The Wooks)
- Tyler Childers’ star shines bright behind NPR’s Tiny Desk
- Creative Types: Tyler Childers
- Justin Wells lyrics run deep with debut record