By Matt Wickstrom
LIVINGSTON, Ky. — Cincinnati’s Rumpke Mountain Boys will return to Kentucky this July, bringing their high strung, improvisational blend of bluegrass—dubbed trashgrass—to Rockcastle Riverside in Livingston for the second installment of Trash Bash, to be held from July 4-7.
Trash Bash headliners Rumpke Mountain Boys will perform three sets throughout the weekend, including an electric performance on Saturday. Joining them are a wide array of artists from Kentucky and all throughout Appalachia such as Laid Back Country Picker, Luna & The Mountain Jets, Arkansas’ Vintage Pistol, jazz wizards The Baja Yetis, Driftwood Gypsy, Rob Dread & The KMA, Sean Whiting, Mama Said String Band, Owls to Athens, The Handshake Deals, Metric Soul, Donovan Howard, and NP Presley & The Ghost of Jesse Garon.
Joining the musical entertainment will be laughter yoga with Jaime Brown, Knot fire, river access for fishing, rafting, swimming, etc. and much more.
Trash Bash acted as a test run for Rockcastle Riverside during it’s inaugural 2018 gathering, the first event of its kind held at the enclave. The riverside has since hosted the Moonshiner’s Ball in October 2018, giving venue owner John Hamilton another opportunity to smooth out logistics to optimize the campground’s space to help the site to reach its full potential.
- From truck drivers to singer-songwriters. Album release party has two Kentucky bands.
- PREMIERE: Arkansas’ Vintage Pistol reminisces on “Play It Like They Used To”
- Sean Whiting delivers soul-shattering performance on “Just the Same”
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 37 – 9/24/18 (w/ Lylak and Sean Whiting)
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 29 – RYVOLI, Supermoon, Laid Back Country Picker
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 14 – 4/4/18 (w/ Mama Said String Band)