By Matt Wickstrom
LEXINGTON, Ky. — This time two years ago they were gathering for their first practices as a band.
In the time since, Magnolia Boulevard, the Lexington blues rock troupe comprised of vocalist Maggie Noëlle, guitarist Gregg Erwin, keyboardist Ryan Allen, bassist John Roberts and drummer Todd Copeland have garnered the attention of, and been brought under the personal guidance of, PRS Guitars Founder and CEO Paul Reed Smith.
The group has also released it debut EP, taken home honors for Best Rock Band at the 2018 Lexington Music Awards (which they look to defend this weekend); and were voted first by fans at FloydFest’s On The Rise competition, one of the East coast’s top emerging festivals.
Read the full story at LexGo.com.
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 32 – 8/13/18 (w/ John R. Miller, Magnolia Boulevard, Katie Didit, Vivian Leigh)
- ‘Something felt special from the first note’ — Lexington band’s first year ends in debut record
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 21 – 5/23/18 (w/ Magnolia Boulevard)
- Wick’s Picks: Magnolia Boulevard LIVE in studio (1/31/18)
- A chance encounter and leap of faith led to Magnolia Boulevard