By Matt Wickstrom
LEXINGTON, Ky. — Lexington bluegrass troupe The Wooks have announced that the band will be parting ways with Arthur Hancock following the band’s March 2 show at The Burl.
The band made the announcement in a Feb. 15 Facebook post, which you can read below.
As the post says, Hancock has been battling tendinitis in his hands for the last handful of years after overcoming back issues prior to that. In recent months the band has brought in Will Parsons and briefly Aaron Bibelhauser on banjo, with Hancock singing and playing rhythm guitar.
Despite those challenges The Wooks have thrived as a band, releasing two full-length albums – 2016’s “Little Circles” and 2018’s follow-up “Glory Bound” – won a band competition at RockyGrass and made the final four in another at the iconic Telluride Bluegrass Festival, and most importantly travelled the country doing what they love – playing their music to packed crowds of adoring fans.
For more information on The Wooks visit WookOutAmerica.com.
- Tyler Childers leads final wave of artists announced for Mountain Music Festival
- The Wooks, Leftover Salmon, The Motet and others join FloydFest lineup
- Nominees announced for 5th annual Lexington Music Awards
- The Wooks get the call for Hogs for the Cause and Blue Ox Music Festival
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 40 – 10/15/18 (w/ The Wooks and ivyrye)
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 23 – 6/6/18 (Festival of the Bluegrass Edition)
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 10 – 3/7/18 (w/Arthur Hancock and CJ Cain of The Wooks)
- Listen to The Wooks new cut “Me and the Stars” feat. Michael Cleveland
- The Wooks to celebrate New Year’s Eve at home, welcome new band member
- Lexington’s Wook-A-Ween celebrates the season and raises money in support of the CAN’d Aid Foundation
- Wookin’ Ahead
- The Wooks make final four at Telluride Bluegrass Fest
- The Wooks clean up at Lexington Music Awards
- Listen: The Wooks “Little Circles”
- Wooks make waves with debut ‘Little Circles’
- The Wooks bring plethora of covers to Green Lantern debut
- Banjo-picking Wooks hit Green Lantern on Thursday