By Matt Wickstrom
PINEVILLE, Ky. — A new music festival is coming to Bell County. Main Street Pineville, Bell County Tourism and Pine Mountain State Resort Park have joined forces to host Laurel Cove Music Festival – the county’s first music festival – on June 7 and 8.
The organizations have gathered an assortment of local, regional and national talent – among them John Moreland, Arlo McKinley & The Lonesome Sound, and The Wooks – to perform at the inaugural event. The news was first reported by Kentucky Country Music.
Rounding out the festival lineup are Justin Wells, Nicholas Jamerson, John R. Miller & The Engine Lights, Eric Bolander Trio, Blake Berglund, Coby Langham, Tiffany Williams, Lune and The Mountain Jets, John Clay, Tyler Smith & The Still Runners, Brandon Fulson, Lauren Beeler, Dave Shoemaker and Dalton Mills.
The festival will be held at the Laurel Cove Amphitheater in Pine Mountain State Resort Park, which seats just shy of 1,000 people.
View tentative schedules by day for the festival below.
Friday, June 7
- Arlo McKinley & The Lonesome Sound
- Justin Wells
- Nicholas Jamerson and the Morning Jays
- Blake Berglund
- Tiffany Williams
- Brandon Fulson
- Lauren Beeler
Saturday, June 8
- John Moreland
- The Wooks
- John R Miller and the Engine Lights
- Eric Bolander Trio
- Coby Langham
- Luna and the Mountain Jets
- John Clay
- Tyler Smith and the Still Runners
- Dave Shoemaker
- Dalton Mills
- The Wooks is losing its banjo player. But the band is celebrating him, and its music.
- Not his first rodeo: Sundy Best’s Nicholas Jamerson returns to Bulls, Bands and Barrels
- From truck drivers to singer-songwriters. Album release party has two Kentucky bands.
- WICK’S PICKS: Ep. 46 – 12/3/18 (w/ Coby Langham, The Helmuths and The Quinns)
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 32 – 8/13/18 (w/ John R. Miller, Magnolia Boulevard, Katie Didit, Vivian Leigh)
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 24 – 6/13/18 (w/ Eric Bolander)
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 17 – 5/2/18 (w/ Justin Wells)