By Matt Wickstrom
STANTON, Ky. — Eastern Kentucky songsmith Josh Nolan returns with “Kein Hirte,” the first single from his upcoming album A Kind Heart to Follow, out May 17 on Shaker Steps Records. A video for the song was first revealed earlier today by Adobe and Teardrops.
The song features a punk flare mixed with Nolan’s trademark voice that has given him the moniker of “Eastern Kentucky’s Bruce Springsteen,” giving listeners a modern taste of times passed that’s anything but Generic-ana. Watch the video, directed by Ben Aubrey, below.
Nolan will celebrate the release of A Kind Heart to Follow, his first project since 2014’s Fair City Lights, with a May 17 show at The Burl with Doc Feldman and the ALT+CNTRY+DELETE and Bear Medicine. Additionally, leading up to the release show on May 13 Nolan will join me for episode 68 of Wick’s Picks on Lexington Community Radio.
For more information on Nolan visit JoshNolanMusic.com.
- LISTEN: West Virginia rockers Ona unveil dreamy “Young Forever”
- LISTEN: Beattyville’s Ian Noe drops “Between the Country” from full-length debut
- LISTEN: Lylak unveil “Beggar” from upcoming EP
- EXCLUSIVE PREMIERE: Sean Whiting goes acoustic for troublesome “S.O.B.”
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 39 – 10/8/18 (w/ Chelsea Nolan, Dan Conn and Jen Tackett)