By Matt Wickstrom
Conversation with Hamilton began about her background and upbringing as a musician in nearby Jessamine County through her parents and contemporary Christian music before beginning to dive into songwriting and gigging around the time she departed for college. Hamilton went on to discuss other topics such as co-songwriting with Grayson Jenkins, Chelsea Adams and Ryan Allen (to name a few); having her brother performing alongside her and the dynamic of their relationship, getting to perform at the Master Musicians Festival and much more.
Helping to break up conversation with Hamilton were recordings of “Waitin'” and “Flowers” off her 2017 debut EP Broke Girl along with a live studio version of one of her most freshly penned songs in “Change Things” to cap off the hour.
During hour two we looked ahead at this week in Lexington music, highlighting artists such as Town Mountain, Cordovas, Short & Company and others along with the radio premiere of “Kein Hirte” from Stanton’s Josh Nolan, scheduled to appear on episode 68 (May 13) of Wick’s Picks, and “No Pressure,” the latest single from C2 & The Brothers Reed, guests from episode 50 of Wick’s Picks.
View the full playlist from this week’s show here. Listen to an archive of the show below.
- WICK’S PICKS: Ep. 65 (Grayson Jenkins and the Best of 2019… so far)
- WICK’S PICKS: Ep. 63 (Driftwood Gypsy and Lylak)
- WICK’S PICKS: Ep. 56 – 2/18/19 (w/Sour Cream and Chelsea Adams)
- WICK’S PICKS: Ep. 54 – 2/4/19 (w/ The Native Howl, NP Presley and Nicholas Jamerson)
- WICK’S PICKS: Ep. 50 – 1/14/19 (w/ C2 & The Brothers Reed and Trippin Roots)