By Matt Wickstrom
LIVINGSTON, Ky. — The cosmic alt-folk stylings of Rayland Baxter, instrumental rock fusion of Tauk and electro-funk jams of Sinkane lead the wave of artists slated to perform at the sixth annual Moonshiner’s Ball in Livingston, Ky. from Oct. 10-13.
Others joining them and hosts Blind Corn Liquor Pickers are Brass Against, a New York-based nine-piece brass band known for their re-interpretations of 90’s rock anthems; country/bluegrass multi-instrumentalist Lillie Mae, transformative stringdusters The Wooks, radiant songbird Senora May, folksy and harmony-heavy quartet The Ghost of Paul Revere, cutting edge rockers Magnolia Boulevard, nostalgic neo soul outfit Joslyn & The Sweet Compression, spaced-out folk-infused jams of Bendigo Fletcher and gritty rock ‘n roots of Wayne Graham, among others.
Rounding out the Moonshiner’s Ball musical lineup are Vintage Pistol, Good Morning Bedlam, Chelsea Nolan, Johnny Conqueroo, Mama Said String Band, Restless Leg String Band, Phat Lip, Sold Rock’It Boosters, The Handshake Deals, Jory Bowling & the Heretics, Eric Bolander & These Assholes, Jordan Smart, Tyler Lance Walker Gill, an all-star jamboree led by Blind Corn Liquor Pickers’ mandolinist Joel Serdenis, artist-at-large Matt Fassass and more to be announced.
For the second year in a row the Ball will return to Rockcastle Riverside, a secluded and private campground nestled along the banks of the Rockcastle River. In addition to music, festival goers will also be able to embark on kayak expeditions along with experiencing food trucks, spoken word, kids activities and yoga.
The Moonshiner’s Ball was created by host band The Blind Corn Liquor Pickers to shine a spotlight on Kentucky artists, musicians, poets and activists, and to provide a gathering place for creative people of all ages to experience art, collaborate, network and dream. Year six promises to be the most magical Moonshiner’s to date.
For more information visit TheMoonshinersBall.com.
- Magnolia Boulevard reach terms on management deal
- Art teacher/musician Eric Bolander bringing back album with a few touchups.
- From East Kentucky to Eastern Germany? Band’s had quite a musical journey
- The Wooks is losing its banjo player. But the band is celebrating him, and its music.
- WICK’S PICKS: Ep. 55 – 2/11/19 (w/ Mama Said String Band and Brother Smith)
- WICK’S PICKS: Ep. 53 – 1/28/19 (w/ Jory Bowling)
- WICK’S PICKS: Ep. 49 – 1/7/19 (w/ Bendigo Fletcher and Wicked Peace)
- WICK’S PICKS: Ep. 48 – 12/17/18 (w/ Rachel Crowe and Senora May)
- WICK’S PICKS: Ep. 46 – 12/3/18 (w/ Coby Langham, The Helmuths and The Quinns)
- PREMIERE: Arkansas’ Vintage Pistol reminisces on “Play It Like They Used To”
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 39 – 10/8/18 (w/ Chelsea Nolan, Dan Conn and Jen Tackett)
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 34 – 8/27/18 (w/ DeBraun Thomas, Joslyn & The Sweet Compression, Petefest)
- Restless Leg String Band working hard to have a good time on new album