By Matt Wickstrom
HAZARD, Ky. — The first ever two-day music festival is coming to downtown Hazard in late July. On Wednesday event planners announced the North Fork Music Festival, which will take place on July 26 and 27, with three musical performances each night.
Kicking off the festival on July 26 will be Manchester roots rockers Bourbon Branch, fiery Jackson-based blues outfit Short & Company and Richmond-based U.S. Army Veteran duo Whiskey River.
The good times keep coming on July 27 with the hook-filled harmonies of Corbin’s Sydney Adams and rootsy Lexington four-piece Trippin Roots followed by the infamous Laid Back Country Picker, whose quick wit and badassery on guitar are sure to spit out some good country music that will treat everyone right.
In addition to live music the festival will also have food and retail vendors on site.
North Fork Music Festival is organized by Tim Parks and Jessalynn Bowman in conjunction with the Perry County Fiscal Court and City of Hazard. Parks and Bowman are known throughout Eastern Kentucky for being avid music fans and even planners, having a hand in producing the Manchester Music Festival and World Chicken Festival in London, among others.
For more information “like” North Fork on Facebook.
- WICK’S PICKS: Ep. 62 (Jason Sinkhorn and Bourbon Branch)
- Turnpike Troubadours lead rootsy lineup for Manchester Music Festival
- WICK’S PICKS: Ep. 50 – 1/14/19 (w/ C2 & The Brothers Reed and Trippin Roots)
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 29 – RYVOLI, Supermoon, Laid Back Country Picker
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 13 – 3/28/18 (w/ Jeremy Short)