By Matt Wickstrom
LEXINGTON, Ky. — C2 & The Brothers Reed, Central Kentucky kings of southern rock and soul, have put together a high-flying performance to match those of holiday fireworks shows on their latest single “Mollie,” out today.
The group – led by brothers guitarist Kelly and drummer Kody Reed, bassist Cameron Clark and master of keys James Weishar – worked with Grammy Award-winning producers Al Sutton and Marlon Young (Greta Van Fleet, Bob Seger, Kid Rock) at Rustbelt Studios in Detroit, Mich. on the track, bringing new life to one of the first song’s the group wrote collectively as a band.
The song, much like the best Kentucky bourbons, first hits soft and sweet before settling in with an intoxicating and rambunctious fury of southern fried rock ‘n roll. Bassist and lead vocalist Cameron Clark has a knack for drawing listeners in with his gentle beckoning before unleashing his inner beast inside will the full force of the band alongside him, such being the case on their latest anthem.
Listen to “Mollie Below.”
Following a heavy stint of summer shows stretching throughout the southeast, C2 & The Brothers Reed will return to Kentucky on Aug. 28 to perform in Louisville during WFPK’s Waterfront Wednesdays at Waterfront Park along with John Paul White and Devon Gilfillian.
For more information on the band visit C2AndTheBrothersReed.com.
- LISTEN: Bendigo Fletcher observes the supernatural on “Solar Eclipse 8/21/17”
- LISTEN: Electric Garden bring vintage jams to “Black Snake”
- REVIEW: Mojothunder sharpen and step up their game on “Loose Lips” EP
- LISTEN: Sour Cream get saucy on “Come Again”
- LISTEN: C2 & The Brothers Reed bring theatrics to “No Pressure”
- WICK’S PICKS: Ep. 50 – 1/14/19 (w/ C2 & The Brothers Reed and Trippin Roots)