By Matt Wickstrom
LEXINGTON, Ky. — LexiFest Festival will return to Proud Mary BBQ for its fifth installment sporting a diverse local music lineup on Sept. 1 led by hip hoppin’ rockers Ivy Rye, rising songbird Rhyan Sinclair and blues Queen Rachel Crowe.
Doors will open at noon with festivities kicking off with Emcee Max Corona (and another TBA). At 2 p.m. nine- year-old phenom Phoebe White start the show for the second year in a row as she showcases her award-winning voice along with Savannah Dean Reeves, a first time LexiFest performer.
Multiple Lexington Music Awards winners will be represented on the lineup as well including Rhyan Sinclair (Best Pop Act 2016-17), Vanessa Davis (Best Pop Act 2019), Rachel Crowe (Tee Dee Young Blues Award 2019) and Ivy Rye (Deven Roberts for Best Male Vocal 2019), the last of which is currently prepping for the release of its debut album this fall.
- LISTEN: Rachel Crowe sings sultry, southern blues on “I Can’t Quit You”
- WICK’S PICKS: Ep. 48 – 12/17/18 (w/ Rachel Crowe and Senora May)
- Nominees announced for 5th annual Lexington Music Awards
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 40 – 10/15/18 (w/ The Wooks and Ivy Rye)
- WICK’S PICKS: Ep. 47 – 12/10/18 (w/ Geno Seale and Rhyan Sinclair)
- Lexington 17-year-old shows ‘maturity well beyond her years’ on solo debut