By Matt Wickstrom
LEXINGTON, Ky. — We took a look back on the weekend that was at the 6th annual Moonshiner’s Ball along with looking ahead at shows coming to Central Kentucky in the coming days on this week’s episode of Wick’s Picks on Lexington Community Radio.
The show began with an hour-long run-down of some of my favorite performers from this past weekend’s Moonshiner’s Ball including surprise sets from Jordan Smart, Phat Lip and Tyler Lance Walker Gill along with heated headlining acts TAUK, Sinkane and the Ghost of Paul Revere before taking a dive into the musical menu for the week ahead in hour two with songs from Andy Frasco & The U.N., The Earls of Leicester and Home Grown Head, among others along with new tunes from The Local Honeys and People Planet. View the full playlist for this week’s show below.
- Restless Leg String Band “Kentucky”
- Jordan Smart “Heart Of It All”
- Eric Bolander “The Wind”
- The Wooks “‘Seng”
- Ghost of Paul Revere “San Antone”
- Sinkane “Everybody”
- Magnolia Boulevard “Call On Me”
- Tyler Lance Walker Gill “Go To Hell”
- Bendigo Fletcher “Soul Factory”
- Lillie Mae “How?”
- Phat Lip “Stranger’s Love”
- TAUK “Friction”
- Vintage Pistol “Play It Like They Used To”
- William Matheny “God’s Left Hand”
- John R. Miller “Red Eyes”
- Ona “True Emotion”
- Andy Frasco & The U.N. “Smoking Dope N Rock N Roll”
- Home Grown Head “You Better Learn”
- Southern Culture on the Skids “VooDoo Cadillac”
- Derek Spencer “Austin (Truck On The Tracks)”
- The Earls of Leicester “The Train Carried My Girl From Town”
- Chris Knight “I’m William Callahan”
- The Local Honeys “Everybody Wants To Go To Heaven”
- People Planet “Preemptive Heartache”
View a detailed playlist from today’s show here. Listen to and download a full archive of the show below.
Join me next Monday, Oct. 21 from 9-11 a.m. for episode 83 of Wick’s Picks on Lexington Community Radio. We’ll be looking ahead at shows coming up in Central Kentucky from Oct. 14-20 including Nicholas Jamerson, Mojothunder, Kelsey Waldon and Lylak, among others. Tune in at 93.9 FM or LexingtonCommunityRadio.org.
- PREMIERE: People Planet return with commanding and melodic “Preemptive Heartache”
- WICK’S PICKS #81 (Moonshiner’s Ball preview)
- PREMIERE: The Local Honeys cover Loretta Lynn’s “Everybody wants to go to Heaven”